Garage Floor Coatings
A Garage Floor So Nice And Clean You Could Eat Off Of It?
Get your professionally installed garage floor coating in just ONE DAY! Yes, one day installations!
Our garage floor coatings offer:
- All around protection for your concrete floor . . . so you'll never have to worry about having a stained, cracked, or pitted floor
- A variety of styles and color options . . . so you can match the floor with your existing decor, taste, and storage system
- Easy clean up . . . so you don't have to use harsh chemicals or much energy getting your floor nice and clean
- A non-slip surface . . . so you're as sure footed as a mountain goat in every area of your garage
- Industrial Quality Material . . . so you can rest assured your floor will stand the test of time.
- Professional Application . . . So you know the job was done right!
So can I do this myself?
Now, you might be thinking something like: "I've seen whole aisles of concrete floor coatings at my local box store. Surely this is something I can do myself." Well frankly, any handy person could install a garage floor coating using one of the do-it-yourself kits you would find at the big box store.
Consider 3 important factors when deciding between a DIY kit and Midwest Garage Floor Coatings...
1. The prep work - A high quality garage floor coating requires a great deal of prep work. The typical box store kit, will generally only recommend an acid etch solution to prepare the floor for the coating. The acid etch just might get the floor fairly clean, but it doesn't even begin to take care of the sealant most concrete garage floors have.
Good prep work before the coating is applied is essential for a successful job. Our process includes:
- Diamond grinding/shot blasting the concrete floor to give it a profile that gives the coating something to attach to. (an acid etch in many cases is simply not aggressive enough)
- Filling cracks and pits using professional grade materials, to ensure a uniform look when the job is all done
- A thorough commercial cleaning, to ensure the floor is free of any dust, debris, or fluids
2. The quality of the coating material - The average 'big box store' kit is usually a water based floor coating. DIY floor coating manufacturers use a water based formula because it extends the pot life to make it easier to use for the average consumer to use (pot life is the time you have to work with the coating). Most of those kits are going to be 50%+ water based. Once the floor dries, you're left with a very thin coating that can take up to a week to cure.
Industrial grade floor coatings, like we use, contain 100% solids, which require experienced personnel, but the results are worth it. A professional flooring job will give you a nice, thick coating that will withstand the tests of time. Plus you can have full use of your garage again in 24-48 hours or less!
- Our Coating Process:
- Floor Preparation: Mechanically preparing the floor with shot blasting and/or grinding does two things. First, it removes and contaminates such as paint, dirt, oil, etc. and second, it provides a rough floor profile, which makes for much better adhesion of the base coat.
- Apply Base Coat: Our industrial-based base coat is a two-part , 100% solids base coat system of either polyurea, polyaspartic or epoxy. The best available products in the industry.
- Broadcast Chip: Once the base coat has been applied we broadcast (apply) the vinyl acrylic chip. The industry standard is 1/4" chip size but Midwest Garage Solution can get any chip size ranging from 1/16" to 1". We also offer over 200 different chip colors so our customers can pick the exact color of chip to match their home, trim or other items in their garage/home.
- Apply Top Coat: Once the base coat has dried (several hours) we remove excess chip, clean the floor and then apply a two-part 100% solids aliphatic polyurea seal coat. This top coat is the best in the industry and will stand the test of time. In most cases we will also add a polymer aggregate to the top coat, which provides a non-slip surface to make your floor safer to walk on when wet, etc.
3. Experienced professional application - This is not our first rodeo! Midwest Garage Solutions has both the experience and know how to create a great place for you and your car. The goal of our trained staff is to give you a beautiful and durable garage floor, something you can be proud of. And make your experience with Midwest Garage Solutions a good memory, something you will be happy to tell your friends about.
Limited Life-time Warranty: We so confident in our floor coating solutions we offer our customers a limited life-time warranty! You'll have a solution that will really stand the test of time.
Are you ready to see what Midwest Garage Solutions can do for your garage floor? Grab your phone and give us a call (715.828.1844) to schedule